You will need these items to prepare for your new puppy !
1) A crate - we recommend a wire crate with a divider so that the crate can be enlarged as your puppy grows. Sizes depends on puppy 30x21x24 or 36x24x27.
2) A collar - sizes varies depending on the brand of Collar. sizes 6-10,8-12,9-15
I do recommend a harness if you have small children
3) A Leash - 4 foot or 6 foot - I DO NOT recommend a retractable leash !!!
4) Toys - Hard rubber toys like (Kongs,nylabones), Balls - We highly recommend the Chuck it balls (the rubber ones). Usually we do not recommend soft stuffed toys at this age -as the puppies will be teething.
5) Stain + Odor remover - to use to clean up any accidents that your puppy may have. Something like Nature's Miracle.
6) Shampoo - really any brand of puppy tearless shampoo. We like Bio-Grooms fluffy puppy brand or earthbath's Ultra mild puppy shampoo. DO NOT USE HUMAN SHAMPOO !!
7) Grooming - get a metal comb and a slicker brush !!
8) A Veterinarian - to give shots and medical attention. Shop around - not all vets are the same !!! Some vets will suggest stuff you don't really need !! Ask lots of questions !!
9) Puppy Food - What Food Should You Feed Your Puppy?
TLC Puppy Food + Treats
This is one of the many reasons why we choose to feed our dogs and proudly recommend TLC Whole Life Puppy Food. Delivering the ultimate balance of quality meats, animal fats, vitamins and minerals, TLC Whole Life Puppy Food provides everything your puppy needs to develop into a strong, healthy and energetic dog.
For a complete list of ingredients and how they benefit your puppy please visit:
SAVE $5 OFF USING COUPON CODE 88358-1025
Never Worry About Running Out of Pet Food
TLC is sold exclusively online and delivers their pet food for FREE, anywhere in Canada and the U.S. Using the convenience of Autoship, you can schedule your puppy’s food deliveries according to their needs! You can change, adjust and cancel Autoship anytime, giving you the flexibility you need as your puppy grows.
10) Treats - We recommend TLC treats. We also like Pet Botanics Training Rewards. You will need these items for your new puppy !
11) A dog trainer - someone that can answer any of your questions. Training is very important !! Puppies need to learn what is except able behavior and what is not . WE STRONGLY SUGGEST PUPPY CLASSES !!
* I Highly recommend this on line training course
Ally has a super program - worth the money - can use for the life of your puppy !!
*We also have a local trainer that we recommend Independent K9 - She offers Countryside a puppy 3-4 week puppy jump start program - We can deliver puppy straight to her if you like !!